Saudi-UAE coalition carries out deadly air raids on Yemen’s Sanaa

At least six civilians, including women and children, were killed and dozens wounded in Saudi-UAE-led coalition air raids on residential areas and Houthi rebel military targets in Yemen’s capital, Sanaa.

The coalition carried out 11 attacks on the capital in all, out of a total of 19 across rebel-held territory on Thursday, the Houthi-run Masirah TV channel reported. It blamed “aircraft of the [Saudi-led] aggression”.

The air strikes came two days after the Iran-aligned rebels claimed drone attacks that temporarily shut a key oil pipeline in neighbouring Saudi Arabia.

Rubble filled a populated street lined by mud-brick houses, a Reuters journalist on the scene said. A crowd of men lifted the body of a women, wrapped in a white shroud, into an ambulance.

Analysis: Saudi says oil stations attacked by Houthi drones
Saudi-owned broadcaster Al Arabiya quoted a coalition statement as saying it launched an operation aimed at “neutralising the ability of the Houthi militia to carry out acts of aggression”.

“The sorties achieved its goals with full precision,” it said, adding civilians had been warned to avoid those targets.

Source:
https://www.aljazeera.com

Recommended For You

About the Author: Web Desk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *