Police arrests key suspect in Farishta murder case

Police has arrested the prime suspect in the Farishta murder case, who will be revealed to media soon.

The murder case of a 10-year-old girl, Farishta Mohmand, became a test for police and other investigative institutions when Prime Minister Imran Khan took immediate notice of the incident and directed the police to arrest the suspects.

The Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Director General Major General Asif Ghafoor also offered Pakistan Army’s assistance in the investigation of the case.

Earlier, In a tragic turn of events, a 10-year-old girl was killed after being allegedly raped in the federal capital.

Farishta, who belonged to Mohmand area of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa was killed after being allegedly raped and her body was thrown in the forest after the horrific crime.

The girl’s family said they had reported her missing to the police on May 15 after she had left the house to get Iftar. The family claims it took the police till May 19 to register an FIR and even then a proper search was not launched. The body of the minor was discovered by locals in a forest who then informed the police.

To protest against police negligence in the case, the family of the victim protested with her body at Taramari Chowk.

As per initial reports the minor girl was tortured and some parts of her body were eaten by animals. Due to less evidences it is difficult to conduct postmortem report.

Taking notice of the incident, Interior Minister Ijaz Ahmed Shah had ordered the authorities to take strict action against the culprits. He also asked the Islamabad inspector general of police to submit a detailed report regarding the case.

SP rural Khan has been directed to conduct an inquiry in this case. DIG operations said they have identified the killer and he will be apprehended soon.

According to the postmortem report, the minor girl was attacked by a knife and severe loss of blood caused the death.

The report said that eyes, scull and feet of the little girl were eaten by animals. It added that the clothes of girl were not torn off.The report said the body of girl was eaten by insects and it was difficult to collect more evidences.

All eyes of Police are on DNA report now as doctors have told that not much evidences can be collected from postmortem.

Recommended For You

About the Author: Web Desk