Defence Minister Pervez Khattak says the government will take serious steps toward implementation of the six-point agreement stricken between PTI and Balochistan National Party-Mengal last year.
Addressing a news conference along with BNP-Mengal Chief Sardar Akhtar Mengal in Islamabad on Thursday, he said the two parties stick to the agreement, and there are no differences between them.
The Defence Minister said the six points include the issue of missing persons, water shortage, quota for the Baloch youth in government departments and repatriation of the Afghan refugees.
Pervez Khattak said a committee has been formed to address to missing persons issue.
He said the government will ensure that the local people do not turn into minority in the process of development of Gwadar Port.
The Minister said measures will be taken for construction of two dams in Balochistan. He said six percent quota of the Balochistan youth in government departments will also be ensured.
Speaking on the occasion, Akhtar Mengal said the Prime Minister assured them progress in missing persons’ issue.
He said the Prime Minister Imran Khan also told them that neither Balochistan’s share in National Finance Commission award will be neither cut nor will 18th amendment be rolled back.
Akhtar Mengal said a committee of parliamentarians should be constituted to prepare a report on the problems being faced by the people of Balochistan.
Responding to a question, Pervez Khattak said the government has taken steps to reduce power load-shedding in Balochistan. He said subsidy of nine billion rupees has been provided to electricity consumers in Balochistan. He said a programme has also been envisaged for solarization of tube wells.